Dennis

Default How to update 2003 Word Doc for 2004 with Excel list

Word 2003

I have a 2003 Merged (with a list originally from Excel) Word Doc (Labels).

My idea was to:

1) copy the "XXX 2003 Word.doc" to "XXX list 2004.doc" (easily done)
2) go into the 2004 doc and update the mailing labels with
3) an updated Excel list for 2004

The Excel file is "XXX List Master.xls"
the worksheet, in the above workbook, is "2004 List" (2003 was "2003.List")

I attempted to "Update" and the labels do not update with 2004 data

Do not wish to layout the labels all over again from start.

Just want to reach out and update the labels with current XL data.

Thoughts?

TIA Dennis
Graham Mayor

If this is a merge source document rather than a completed merge, then
re-attach the updated data file and merge again.
If it is a merged document then you will have to recreate the merge source
document.