Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Greg Smith Greg Smith is offline

Default Word mobile question

My boss just got a new PDA and is having difficulty with the new version of
Word mobile.

His message to me is as follows:

"I have recently switched to a new windows mobile PDA (Sprint Mogul
phone)that is running Windows Mobile 6.0. It runs Word Mobile.

In Word, when you start typing a new word, the program will suggest 4 words
that you can select from after you have typed 2 letters. In previous
versions of Word Mobile, the list of suggested words included ones that were
not in its dictionary originally but were words that you had typed into a
document. In other words, it updated its dictionary as you typed.

The new version of Word does not add new words automatically to the
dictionary. However, you can add new words by doing a spell check and using
the "add" option to manually add words to the dictionary. HOWEVER, even
when new words have been added to the dictionary, these new words are NOT
included as suggested words to select from as you are typing. This is a big
problem.".

Can anyone give me any guidance on this?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

I have no experience with Word Mobile, but in ordinary Word, on the Spelling
& Grammar tab of Tools | Options, there is a check box for "Suggest from
main dictionary only," which (if checked) would cause words added to the
custom dictionary to be ignored. Is there something comparable to this in
Word Mobile?

"Greg Smith" wrote in message
[...]

How do I send Email to Mobile phones? Buffo Microsoft Word Help 2 July 15th 06 05:50 PM
Will Clip Art Organizer collect clips from a mobile Hard Drive? RuRua Microsoft Word Help 0 June 24th 06 07:03 AM
A Word Mac question SteveK New Users 1 January 13th 06 04:28 PM
Word Question- Jason Microsoft Word Help 1 February 3rd 05 11:15 PM
Word question please. Dene Wilby Microsoft Word Help 3 December 14th 04 08:48 PM