Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JulieG JulieG is offline

Default Trying to expand subdocuments into master document

I have a report (500 pages, 40MB), I have split it into subdocuments which
I have distributed for comment. I received revised documents from various
contributors and have updated my copies of the subdocuments to reflect the
changes. However, I cannot expand the subdocuments into the master document
because the process causes my PC to hang (task manager shows that Word is not
responding and the CPU is running at 100%).

I have tried the following

I have tried the following to overcome the problem, but all these fail to
solve the problem:
Accepting all tracked changes
Removing as many unnecessary formats as possible (by applying styles from
the master template)
Using a different PC

Not sure if anybody can help
Thanks
JulieG
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Shauna Kelly Shauna Kelly is offline

Hi Julie

Before you get too much further, I suggest a thorough read of the following:

Why Master Documents corrupt
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Genera...ocsCorrupt.htm

How to recover a Master Document
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Genera...MasterDocs.htm

[...]