Maročka krtica

Default MS-Word 2003: Cannot save customized toolbar

I put several icons to my "Standard" Word 2003 toolbar (for example I put
Save As, Properties and Word Count as shortcuts to my toolbar). After I
close Word and reload it, the new icons are not present - only the usual
default icons are there.
I guess this information is saved in Normal.dot, right? If so, I wonder why
Word 2003 didn't ask to save changes to Normal.dot when I tried to close the
application.
Please, help me put my custom icons to the toolbar.

Maroska Krtica

TF

Maroska

It certainly should save them to normal.dot and prompt you first (the
setting for the Prompt is under Tools, Options, Save Tab and should be
checked). If you may another change that requires to saved to normal.dot -
try Format, Font, change the font and press Default - does that get saved
correctly? (Note that if you have been using Outlook with Word as your email
editor, you need to close both Outlook and Word before the normal.dot is
saved.)

If normal.dot is still not saving your changes, then I suggest you search
your hard drive for normal.dot and make sure that there is just the one copy
in your user profile. (See Tools, Options, File Locations, User Templates
for correct location.)

--
Terry Farrell - Word MVP
http://word.mvps.org/

"Maročka krtica" wrote in message
:I put several icons to my "Standard" Word 2003 toolbar (for example I put
: Save As, Properties and Word Count as shortcuts to my toolbar). After I
: close Word and reload it, the new icons are not present - only the usual
: default icons are there.
: I guess this information is saved in Normal.dot, right? If so, I wonder
why
: Word 2003 didn't ask to save changes to Normal.dot when I tried to close
the
: application.
: Please, help me put my custom icons to the toolbar.
:
: Maroska Krtica
:
: