Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
MTWalsh MTWalsh is offline

Default Quick Access Tool Bar

1) Anyone know how to have the display name as well as the macro icon appear
in the QAT?

2) Anyone know how to add to the menu commands on the QAT.

I'm not sure if my inability to do this is lack of knowledge, stupidity, a
problem with the install or a general problem in Word 12.

--
Mike Walsh
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi Mike,

The methods for modifying the Office 2007 Quick Access Toolbar (QAT) vary a little between Office 2007 Beta 2 and Office 2007 Beta2
with the Technical Refresh update (B2TR), but the QAT only shows icons, except as a tooltip. You can, when you add the macro to the
QAT (Alt+T+O,C) from the Macros category choose the [Modify] button in B2TR to select one of the 200 icon 'choices' there to help
distinguish macros, perhaps. (I've been using the'checker board/checkered flag) icon.

I'm not clear on your context for 'menus' you're referring to adding 'menu commands'. Word built in commands can be added from the
same dialog above or you can right click on one and choose 'Add to Quick Access Toolbar'.

=================
"MTWalsh" wrote in message ...
1) Anyone know how to have the display name as well as the macro icon appear
in the QAT?

2) Anyone know how to add to the menu commands on the QAT.

I'm not sure if my inability to do this is lack of knowledge, stupidity, a
problem with the install or a general problem in Word 12.

--
Mike Walsh
--
I hope this helped you,

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office system products MVP

*Courtesy is not expensive and can pay big dividends

LINKS to the 2007 Office System Beta

1. Free MS Office 2007 book from MS Press, 213 pages:
http://microsoft.com/learning/office...oksfrommspress

2.. Office 2007 Beta 2 Online Test Drive, Downloadable beta,
e-learning courses, doucmentation and movies:
http://microsoft.com/office/preview

3. Try the 2007 OfficeOnline preview website , without Office2007

a. Install the ActiveX access control
http://office.microsoft.com/search/r...XT101650581033

b. then visit
http://officebeta.iponet.net

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
MTWalsh MTWalsh is offline

Hello Bob,

Thanks for the information; I just saw your post (notify of replies
apparently not working). If I understand you correctly, QAT can only show
icons, not display names, right? Odd design...my memory for icon meanings is
limited. Dropdown tooltip gives names, but that is a bit of a hassle to have
to check each. QAT is a neat idea, but the functionality seems kinda
crippled.

The "Menu Commands" question is related to having "Menu Commands" as a
tooltip to an icon on QAT. It looks like a dropdown that could be populated,
but I cannot find a way to add anything. The dropdown has a multiline list
that is blank with the text "Menu Commands" at the bottom of the list.

Thanks for the links.
--
Mike Walsh