Deon H

Default More than 1 Doc = more than 1 Window?

Hi there,

MS Office 2003 (11.6359.6360) SP1

I am totally new to MS Word and learning all the way.

Is it so that for every document which I open, a new instance of Word has
to be opened?
Can I set Word that it only opens one time but with different documents to
be open.

I don't want Word as such to open for every document I have opened.

I hope my question makes sence to you.

Regards,
Deon

Charles Kenyon

It is rare that a new instance of Word is opened. Rather, a separate window
on the task pane is opened.

Tools Options View
Uncheck "Windows in Taskpane"

--

Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"Deon H" wrote in message
. 158...
Hi there,

MS Office 2003 (11.6359.6360) SP1

I am totally new to MS Word and learning all the way.

Is it so that for every document which I open, a new instance of Word has
to be opened?
Can I set Word that it only opens one time but with different documents to
be open.

I don't want Word as such to open for every document I have opened.

I hope my question makes sence to you.

Regards,
Deon

Deon H

"Charles Kenyon" wrote in
:

It is rare that a new instance of Word is opened. Rather, a separate
window on the task pane is opened.

Tools Options View
Uncheck "Windows in Taskpane"

Thanx for the reply.

I made the change as per suggestion. I thought it opened up a new instance
of Word everytime you open a new document.

Regards,
Deon
Charles Kenyon

That is what it looks like in default mode.

It is possible to open a new instance of word deliberately using vb or vba.
It is also possible to open a new instance of Word by accident by trying to
open a document or Word from the desktop while Word is in the middle of
been of help.
--

Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.