yetiboy

Default How do I convert from lotus wordpro to microsoft word?

I'm trying to convert old files from Lotus WordPro into Word documents, or at
least open them up in Word. Apparently older versions of Word could do this,
but I haven't found anything about doing it in Word 2003. Any help would be
much appreciated.
Richard Neville

Double-clicking on the Lotus icons probably won't work. Word is usually a
very good converter, but you must open the Lotus files from within the Word
application by using File-Open. In the "Files of Type" drop-down list, be
sure to select "All Files." Once you open them, save them at once as Word
files.

"yetiboy" wrote in message
I'm trying to convert old files from Lotus WordPro into Word documents, or
at
least open them up in Word. Apparently older versions of Word could do
this,
but I haven't found anything about doing it in Word 2003. Any help would
be
much appreciated.

yetiboy

Sorry, I wasn't clear with my question apparently. It's not a matter of going
through the normal save process, the files can't be opened. Word doesn't
recognize Lotus Wordpro files, at least not Word 2003. When trying to open
the files, the only option is to choose the encoding that makes the document
readable - none do, as the only options are for languages, not for file
types. Obviously, the issue is not the language. What I need is a file
converter.

brad

"yetiboy" wrote in message
I'm trying to convert old files from Lotus WordPro into Word documents, or
at
least open them up in Word. Apparently older versions of Word could do
this,
but I haven't found anything about doing it in Word 2003. Any help would
be
much appreciated.

Graham Mayor

There is no converter for WordPro in Word. There are some third party tools
available if you search the web.
http://www.dataviz.com/products/conv...translist.html