Spaced-Out

Default How do I fix the number of spaces after a sentence?

Is there a way to set the number of spaces that follow a completed sentece
before a new sentence begins? And can it be done in an "autocoreect" mode
during a document check to assure that the spacing is the same throughout?
Greg Maxey

You can set up the Grammar checker to look for one or two spaces following
sentences and it will flag inconsistencies. There is no automatic feature
to ensure one or two spaces as you type. If you want 2 spaces and assuming
you use either ?, ., or ! to end your sentences, use the Find and Replace
sequence to check your document following:

([\!\?.]) ([! ]) in find what
and
\1 \2 in replace with

That is ([\!\?.])a space([!a space])
and
\1twospaces\2

--
Greg Maxey/Word MVP
A Peer in Peer to Peer Support

Spaced-Out wrote:
Is there a way to set the number of spaces that follow a completed
sentece before a new sentence begins? And can it be done in an
"autocoreect" mode during a document check to assure that the spacing
is the same throughout?

Carol

You can go to Tools, Options and the Spelling and Grammer tab. Once there,
you can select "Check Grammar as you Type" and then click on the settings tab
and specify there whether you want one or two spaces after your sentences. I
personally use kerning and only use one space between my sentences. If you
select one space in the settings area, when you run Spell Check it will show
you if the spacing is different than what you had specified. I hope this has
been helpful to you.