Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Egram Egram is offline

Default In Word 2003, the dialog box locks up when saving/searching. Fix?

When searching for a file to attach to an email, or when saving a document to
a different folder, the system "locks up" at each folder. The blue bar reads
"not responding"...though after 1-3 minutes it will respond...only to make
you wait 1-3 minutes before going to the next folder. This has happened to me
on two different computers. How can this be fixed. I want to be able to move
effortlessly from one folder to another.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Windows XP: Right-click on the My Computer icon on the Windows desktop
or in the Windows Start menu, left-click on Disconnect Network Drive,
and disconnect any mapped drives that are not currently available.

Windows Vista: Click on Start | Computer | Tools | Disconnect Network
Drive, and disconnected any mapped drives that are not currently available.