Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
David Griesel[_2_] David Griesel[_2_] is offline

Default Date Field Switch \@ "d MMM yyyy"

I have a merge Word document and an Excel spreadsheet that I have converted
to use with Microsoft 2007. My problem is this. In the Word merge document, I
refer to a date of birth for a person. I added a switch to the field and the
person's date of birth appears in the format that I want. Wonderful! Further
down the document, I list the transactions by date that the person had over
the year. The date switch does not work in the field and instead of
displaying the date in the format I want it, \@ "d MMM yyyy", the numerical
value of the date is displayed.

I did not have this problem in 2003 and now it does the same thing in both
the compatible 2003 and 2007 versions. How do I fix this?