Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Pixi_Dust32891 Pixi_Dust32891 is offline

Default How to get "leading and pont size" on here, please?

Im doing a research paper for a college Typography class, and I need to know
how to set my font as 12/24 Times Roman. I know how to select Times Roman,
but I dont know how to set the point size (12) and the leading (24). Is there
any way to do this or do I need a different software? Can anyone help me,
please?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

On Mon, 7 Sep 2009 09:29:01 -0700, Pixi_Dust32891
wrote:

Im doing a research paper for a college Typography class, and I need to know
how to set my font as 12/24 Times Roman. I know how to select Times Roman,
but I dont know how to set the point size (12) and the leading (24). Is there
any way to do this or do I need a different software? Can anyone help me,
please?

In Word, the point size is part of the font formatting, while the
leading is part of the paragraph formatting (although Word calls it
line spacing).

You can set the font size on the Formatting toolbar or in the Format
Font dialog. The number shown in the box is in points.

You can set the leading only in the Format Paragraph dialog. In the
Line Spacing settings, change the dropdown to Exactly and enter the
number of points in the box to its right.

Although you can apply these settings directly to selected pieces of
text, Word works best with styles. Defining settings for styles works
much the same way as direct formatting, except that you go through the
New Style or Modify Style dialog first and use the Format button in
that dialog.
--
Regards,
Jay Freedman