Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Connie Connie is offline

Default file opening

I have Word 2003. I've just installed Word 2007. If I open My Documents and
click on a Word file, created with 03, it opens in 07. I tried right-clicking
on the file name and changing the properties to select Winword ( the 03
version ) but it keeps defaulting to opening with 07. Until I learn 07 better
I'd still like my old files to open with Winword. Help
--
Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Pamelia Caswell via OfficeKB.com Pamelia Caswell via OfficeKB.com is offline

I've dealt with multiple Word versions on computers (sometimes my own) for
almost 7 years, and they have all behaved this way: The last version run is
the one that will start after double clicking a .doc file. So to get your
double clicks to start W2003, first double click the W2003 program name.
Even after it is closed (if you have not started W2007), double clicking a
file name will start W2003. Starting W2007 will reverse this.

Pam