Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Lily Lou Lily Lou is offline

Default How do you convert a Word 2007 document to '03 so others can read

Word 2007 is newly installed and document sent by email but others receiving
2007 document in attachment say they can't even open docx files to read it.
How can I change this document so it's readable to the receiver?
Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

1. Save your file as the older format.

2. Suggest the recipients download the Compatibility Pack so they don't have
the problem in the future.

(I would suggest you do the first but politely mention the second to them.
Unless the recipients have ancient computers or very few computer skills.)

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Lily Lou" wrote in message
Word 2007 is newly installed and document sent by email but others
receiving
2007 document in attachment say they can't even open docx files to read
it.
How can I change this document so it's readable to the receiver?
Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

Thank you. :-)

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Lily Lou" wrote in message
Word 2007 is newly installed and document sent by email but others
receiving
2007 document in attachment say they can't even open docx files to read
it.
How can I change this document so it's readable to the receiver?
Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

I think its probably fair to say that most people I know could not get the
conversion routines for the older words. Even if they do, not all rfeatures
in the new word display properly in the old one. I have to say that unless
there is acompeing reason to use the new features, use the new word with
features later than the ones you can live with turned off.

Then save as old word.

Cynics have suggested to me that the new default format was only introduced
tgive people with Open Office a headache...
Brian

Email: