Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Neko Neko is offline

Default How to lock the top menu bar so I can see font size when I type.

For 2007 Word, how do I lock the top function mene bar so as I type, I can
tell what font size I use it.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

Do you mean you want to "lock" the Home Tab of the Ribbon so that the font
size list is always visible? I don't believe that can be done -- it would
prevent accessing needed commands & features on the other Tabs.

What you might consider doing is adding the Font Size List as well as any
other often needed controls to the Quick Access Toolbar. You can include
just about anything you want on the QAT: Click the Office Button then the
Word Options button, select Customize from the categories list on the left.

Use the Help if you need more information.

HTH |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 9/11/09 5:31 PM, in article
, "Neko"
wrote:

For 2007 Word, how do I lock the top function mene bar so as I type, I can
tell what font size I use it.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

You mean the Ribbon? You cannot. So instead, add the 'Font Size' command to
the QAT (Quick Access Toolbar).

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP