Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
A Bananna

Default Header/Footer with Section Breaks

I have a Word document (built by someone else). It is one page with Page
Setup showing a different first page. When people use the document, the
second page of the document shows a different header, ie first page holds
info on Title, File No, Department, etc and second page holds Title and Dept
only (no File No). The second page should be different, and automatically
appears correctly. As long as I insert a page break all is well.

I get into trouble when I put a section break in. It inserts a new section
and automatically puts on the different first page.

What I would like to see is the first page is different for the entire
document and all subsequent pages, regardless if there is a section break or
page break, will hold the second page information.

I've read the Section break information but can't find an answer for this. I
am unable to apply the Different first page to the Entire Document or This
Point Forward - it will only let me apply it to the Section.

Any ideas?