Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dov Dov is offline

Default How do I print a list of the directory contents

I need to print the disk directory contents. In DOS this was possible. Is it
possible in WORD? Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

No - but you could use the freeware Printfolders utility you can download
from my web site that will produce a text listing that you can open in Word.

"Dov" wrote in message
I need to print the disk directory contents. In DOS this was possible. Is
it
possible in WORD? Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Pesach Shelnitz[_2_] Pesach Shelnitz[_2_] is offline

Hi Dov,

It is possible to print directory contents in Word in the DOS format in the
following way.
1. Click Start and then click Run.
2. In the Open box, type cmd and press Enter.
3. In the Command window that opens, use the cd command as you did in DOS to
navigate to the desired folder.
4. Enter the following after the Command prompt: dir * dir.txt
5. In Word open the file dir.txt in the folder to which you navigated.
6. Press Ctrl+P and print the contents of dir.txt.

You can modify the command in step 4 by adding switches after the asterisk.

--
Hope this helps,
Pesach Shelnitz

"Dov" wrote:

I need to print the disk directory contents. In DOS this was possible. Is it
possible in WORD? Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
binaryman binaryman is offline

Default How do I print a list of directory contents

Dov
You can use Directory Report
a href="http://www.file-utilities.com"http://www.file-utilities.com/a

This is a directory printer utility which can save its output to the clipboard. Then all you have to do is paste within word. This is much simpler than saving content to a temporary file

Dov wrote:

09-Feb-10

I need to print the disk directory contents. In DOS this was possible. Is it
possible in WORD? Thanks

On Tuesday, February 09, 2010 3:27 AM
Dov wrote:

I need to print the disk directory contents. In DOS this was possible. Is it
possible in WORD? Thanks

On Tuesday, February 09, 2010 3:39 AM
Graham Mayor wrote:

No - but you could use the freeware Printfolders utility you can downloadfrom
No - but you could use the freeware Printfolders utility you can download
from my web site that will produce a text listing that you can open in Word.

On Tuesday, February 09, 2010 4:35 AM
Pesach Shelnitz wrote:

Hi Dov,It is possible to print directory contents in Word in the DOS format in
Hi Dov,

It is possible to print directory contents in Word in the DOS format in the
following way.
1. Click Start and then click Run.
2. In the Open box, type cmd and press Enter.
3. In the Command window that opens, use the cd command as you did in DOS to
navigate to the desired folder.
4. Enter the following after the Command prompt: dir * dir.txt
5. In Word open the file dir.txt in the folder to which you navigated.
6. Press Ctrl+P and print the contents of dir.txt.

You can modify the command in step 4 by adding switches after the asterisk.

--
Hope this helps,
Pesach Shelnitz
My Web site: http://makeofficework.com