Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
MarkN

Default Selecting sections

Hello,

I do quite a lot of document amalgamation where I need to select an entire
section from document and either move it within a document or copy it to
another document.

Is there a keyboard shortcut or a quick method of selecting a section within
a document.
--
Thanks,
MarkN
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Create a macro that you assign to the keyboard that contains the command

Selection.Sections(1).Range.Select

When you run that macro, it will select the section in which the selection
is located.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"MarkN" wrote in message
Hello,

I do quite a lot of document amalgamation where I need to select an entire
section from document and either move it within a document or copy it to
another document.

Is there a keyboard shortcut or a quick method of selecting a section
within
a document.
--
Thanks,
MarkN

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?TWFya04=?=,

I do quite a lot of document amalgamation where I need to select an entire
section from document and either move it within a document or copy it to
another document.

Is there a keyboard shortcut or a quick method of selecting a section within
a document.

There's a built in \Section bookmark:

Insert/Bookmark. Type \Section then click GoTo to select the current section.

You can combine that with Edit/GoTo (F5) if you need to jump to the section
first.

If each section starts with a Heading (or another paragraph with an Outline
level) you could also use the Outline view. Click on the "+" next to the
heading and it should select all the text to the next heading of the same level
(which would be the entire section).

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Kimmi

Hi Mark
You could try browsing by selection (Ctrl+Alt+Home and select Section). Use
mouse or Ctrl+PgUp/Ctrl+Down to go to beginning of the selection that you
want to copy or move. Press F8 (extend selection) then Ctrl+PgDown to select
that selection.

Hope this helps

"MarkN" wrote:

Hello,

I do quite a lot of document amalgamation where I need to select an entire
section from document and either move it within a document or copy it to
another document.

Is there a keyboard shortcut or a quick method of selecting a section within
a document.
--
Thanks,
MarkN

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
MarkN

Thanks for the help, I am selecting sections as we speak...
--
Thanks,
MarkN

Hi ?B?TWFya04=?=,