Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
saw185 saw185 is offline

Default Using Word Tables in a Word Template (.dot)

I am building a Word Template (Word 2002) for a workgroup and I need to
include a table. The size of the table is variable depending on the needs of
the user at that time. How can I create a table that can is expandable and
allows the user to input information in defined fields?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Hi saw

saw185 wrote:
I am building a Word Template (Word 2002) for a workgroup and I need to
include a table. The size of the table is variable depending on the needs of
the user at that time. How can I create a table that can is expandable and
allows the user to input information in defined fields?

is this template generally a (protected) form? If not, then it seems a
bit much to lock it for forms only because of a table. A normal table in
Word is variable (meaning: the user can of course insert/delete a
row/column, and the cells usually grow if more content is added to them).

HTH
Robert
--
/"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign | MS
\ / | MVP
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
saw185 saw185 is offline

Yes, the form will be protected. Do you have a way I can include a table that
will not be locked down in the document? Since I initially wrote, I did find
a low tech solution. Move the table outside of the template and add the table
at the end as an attachment.

"Robert M. Franz (RMF)" wrote:

Hi saw

saw185 wrote:
I am building a Word Template (Word 2002) for a workgroup and I need to
include a table. The size of the table is variable depending on the needs of
the user at that time. How can I create a table that can is expandable and
allows the user to input information in defined fields?

is this template generally a (protected) form? If not, then it seems a
bit much to lock it for forms only because of a table. A normal table in
Word is variable (meaning: the user can of course insert/delete a
row/column, and the cells usually grow if more content is added to them).

HTH
Robert
--
/"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign | MS
\ / | MVP
X Against HTML | for
/ \ in e-mail & news | Word

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

saw185 wrote:
Yes, the form will be protected. Do you have a way I can include a table that
will not be locked down in the document? Since I initially wrote, I did find
a low tech solution. Move the table outside of the template and add the table
at the end as an attachment.

The table cells will expand naturally unless you restrict their height
(which is usually _done_ in forms, though, to preserve layout). To
actually *add* a row to the table, I think you need macro code to
unprotect the document, add the row, and reprotect.

2cents
Robert
--
/"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign | MS