Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
The Kat

Default Word 2003 won't accept del key to delete highlighted text!

The del will delete text in any other program but not in word. The glitch
materialized after an update. But even if I restore the system, I can't get
the key to work.

Anyone have a fix for this?!? It slows me down to use the
highlight-RightClick-cut method.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Tools | Options | General: Clear the check boxes for both items that refer
to WordPerfect. See
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...DeleteText.htm

"The Kat" wrote in message
The del will delete text in any other program but not in word. The

glitch
materialized after an update. But even if I restore the system, I can't

get
the key to work.

Anyone have a fix for this?!? It slows me down to use the
highlight-RightClick-cut method.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
The Kat

That was fast! You hit it right the first try. I never had the WP options set
so didn't know what they did. I never thought to look there since they
were'nt "on" before. Your fix did it. (Now I just wonder why those were
ticked after an update...)

Thanks tons. You've save me time and frustration!
The Kat