Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
TDMedia

Default Duplicate response in one form field to several others?

I designed a simple form that I use as a template for investigation
reports I compose over and over again.

In this form, I have certain fields that repeat themselves throughout
the document. For example, the name of the subject I am investigating
is repeated, perhaps, fifty times.

My question: Can I set up the form so that once I've filled in the
name once, it will copy it into each field requiring input of that name?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Anne Troy

Of course. Just use a cross-reference to the bookmark.
See:
http://www.officearticles.com/word/c...oft_word .htm

************
Hope it helps!
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com
Check out the NEWsgroup stats!
Check out: www.ExcelUserConference.com

"TDMedia" wrote in message
ps.com...
I designed a simple form that I use as a template for investigation
reports I compose over and over again.

In this form, I have certain fields that repeat themselves throughout
the document. For example, the name of the subject I am investigating
is repeated, perhaps, fifty times.

My question: Can I set up the form so that once I've filled in the
name once, it will copy it into each field requiring input of that name?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
TDMedia

Thanks for the quick response. I tried exactly what you said and I'm
getting an error message inside the form box that reads ERROR:
REFERENCE NOT FOUND.

What did I do wrong all four times I tried it?????

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Greg Maxey

I don't know what you did wrong because I don't know what you did.

See:
http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Repeating_Data.htm

--
Greg Maxey/Word MVP
See:

TDMedia wrote:
Thanks for the quick response. I tried exactly what you said and I'm
getting an error message inside the form box that reads ERROR:
REFERENCE NOT FOUND.

What did I do wrong all four times I tried it?????

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
TDMedia

That didn't work either. Do you guys use Word 2003? Maybe it just
doesn't work in this version?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
TDMedia

I opened a blank document and inserted an "insert text" form.

Then I double clicked on the form and ticked "calculate on exit,"
taking note of the name "Text1." Clicked OK

Next, from the Insert menu, I selected ReferenceCross Reference.

From the Reference Type drop-down, I chose Bookmark and selected Text

1.

I clicked Insert and Close.

Immediately, I got the error message inside my Insert Text box.

With YOUR solution, Greg, nothing at all happened when I entered text
into the Insert Text field.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Anne Troy

Then use Greg's solution, but make sure you update your field(s).
http://www.officearticles.com/word/u...osoft_word.htm

************
Hope it helps!
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com
Check out the NEWsgroup stats!
Check out: www.ExcelUserConference.com

"TDMedia" wrote in message
oups.com...
I opened a blank document and inserted an "insert text" form.

Then I double clicked on the form and ticked "calculate on exit,"
taking note of the name "Text1." Clicked OK

Next, from the Insert menu, I selected ReferenceCross Reference.

From the Reference Type drop-down, I chose Bookmark and selected Text