Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Daniel-San Daniel-San is offline

Default Default "Save As" Filename

Is there a way to stop Word from filling in a filename when a file is first
saved? I find the need to delete the suggested filename annoying.

I found this: http://word.mvps.org/faqs/macrosvba/SetDefFilename.htm
on the Word MVP site, but assuming I'm understanding it correctly, it seems
to deal with a one-time fix rather than a global (everytime) change. I'd
like the filename box to be empty the first time I save a file. Is this
possible?

I'm using Word 2003, version 11.8026.8036, on a Win XP machine, also fully
patched (BOMK, anyway :-) )

Thanks,

Dan