Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Andy Andy is offline

Default Only displaying part of a merged field/formatting parts of a merge

eld differently...

The software i use is web-based and all the information stored against a
customer has a reference that can be used to pre-populate information on any
documents generated via the application.

I have several document templates that have reference codes (they work the
same as merge field codes) and, when the document is generated, pick up the
information stored in those fields for the particular customer i am dealing
with.

In some instances, for example credit card number, I only wish to display
part of the merged field in my document without having to alter the stored
data.

i.e. Number stored 1234 1234 1234 1234
currently populated 1234 1234 1234 1234
would prefer 1234 **** **** 1234