Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
brandonnrobinson

Default Is there a way to reset the default font size for footnotes?

I am writing an article, and need the font size for both text and footnotes
to be 12. The default font size for footnotes, however, is 10. As an
alternative to having to change the font size each time I insert a footnote,
is there a way to change the default font size of footnotes to 12? I only see
a way to change default font sizes for above-the-line text . . .

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
brandonnrobinson

Never mind. I found it by right-clicking on the footnote, and scrolling to
Style . . . I had been looking in the upper menu bar for a way to do it.
Thanks so much for your help!

"brandonnrobinson" wrote:

I am writing an article, and need the font size for both text and footnotes
to be 12. The default font size for footnotes, however, is 10. As an
alternative to having to change the font size each time I insert a footnote,
is there a way to change the default font size of footnotes to 12? I only see
a way to change default font sizes for above-the-line text . . .

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
BPB

you could set up a style sheet with an option for footnote (in CSS you could
put .footnote {font-size: 12;}) then just specify that each footnote use that
specification. Then if you ever need to change the font size for the
footnotes all you have to do is change the CSS file (just make sure you link
the style sheet instead of embedding it).
--
BPB

"brandonnrobinson" wrote:

I am writing an article, and need the font size for both text and footnotes
to be 12. The default font size for footnotes, however, is 10. As an
alternative to having to change the font size each time I insert a footnote,
is there a way to change the default font size of footnotes to 12? I only see
a way to change default font sizes for above-the-line text . . .

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Carol

Format | Styles and Formatting (or click the icon on the toolbar)
Show All Styles
If you dont see Footnote Text listed in All Styles, select Custom and select
it there.
It will now show in the Styles and Formatting Taskpane
Use the drop down arrow and select Modify and then change the formatting
there