jinty

Default reading mac files on a pc

my daughter has obtained notes posted by a lecturer on the university
website, unfortunately we cannot open them and suspect they were created on a
mac. We have a pc office 2002 on xp is there any way in which we can view or
print these files. the lecturer cannot be contacted to ask if he can convert
to pc.
thanks

garfield-n-odie

Word 2002 can open files created with newer versions of Word for Mac.
What is the name of the file that your daughter downloaded? On the
university website, did the instructor include instructions for opening
the files?

jinty wrote:

my daughter has obtained notes posted by a lecturer on the university
website, unfortunately we cannot open them and suspect they were created on a
mac. We have a pc office 2002 on xp is there any way in which we can view or
print these files. the lecturer cannot be contacted to ask if he can convert
to pc.
thanks

Daiya Mitchell

Yep, no difference in the file format, any files from Word 97 onwards are
compatible cross-platform. Try saving the file to your hard drive and adding
the ".doc" to the filename yourself, if it isn't there.