Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
nettedavid

Default How do I prevent non-breaking spaces or blank fields during a Mer.

When I toggle my field codes to view my data during a mail merge using a Word
table data source, I receive blank lines where there are empty fields. The
data comes from an Excel spreadsheet (which can't be used as a data source
because of our document management program), and each piece of data is a
separate field. I've tried using \b and \f switches to add space if the next
field has data, but when I toggle the codes the switches disappear. How
can I prevent the empty field spaces? An example of a switch would be:
«Client_1_FirstName \b " " ». Do I have the syntax wrong? Any help would be
greatly appreciated. Thanks!