Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
ninjaneer ninjaneer is offline

Default keep words (not lines) together

Hi
I'm typing a project proposal in which I mention amounts of money within
paragraphs. I would type $40 000.00 for example. The problem is that often
the $40 000.00 is on the end of the line and Word recognises the space
between $40 and 000 and splits the two between the two lines, resulting in $40
000
which just looks unprofessional.

Is there an easy way to address this problem, (except for changing the
format of amounts to $40,000.00) ?

Thanks a lot in advance!
Pieka
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

ninjaneer wrote:
Hi
I'm typing a project proposal in which I mention amounts of money
within paragraphs. I would type $40 000.00 for example. The problem
is that often the $40 000.00 is on the end of the line and Word
recognises the space between $40 and 000 and splits the two between
the two lines, resulting in $40 000
which just looks unprofessional.

Is there an easy way to address this problem, (except for changing the
format of amounts to $40,000.00) ?

Thanks a lot in advance!
Pieka

Instead of a regular space, use a nonbreaking space (Ctrl+Shift+spacebar).

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman