Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
GailH GailH is offline

Default microsoft office home and student trial

I had the trial version of Microsoft office, home and student 2007
preinstalled on my new computer. I do not want to upgrade to this and when I
go into my Microsoft works to retrieve a file, such as my resume, the
Microsoft Office file comes up. How do I stop my files from being opened in
Microsoft Office?
Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

Uninstall the trial software.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~
How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

"GailH" wrote in message
I had the trial version of Microsoft office, home and student 2007
preinstalled on my new computer. I do not want to upgrade to this and when
go into my Microsoft works to retrieve a file, such as my resume, the
Microsoft Office file comes up. How do I stop my files from being opened
in
Microsoft Office?
Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You'll need to reestablish the correct file association. In an Explorer
window, right-click on a document and choose Open With. In the dialog,
select Works and check the box for "Always use this application to open
files of this type" (or whatever the wording is).

news

"GailH" wrote in message
I had the trial version of Microsoft office, home and student 2007
preinstalled on my new computer. I do not want to upgrade to this and
when
go into my Microsoft works to retrieve a file, such as my resume, the
Microsoft Office file comes up. How do I stop my files from being
opened
in
Microsoft Office?
Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

If you uninstalled the trial, then your resume can't be opened in Office
unless you have yet another version of Word (not Works) on your computer.

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~