Simon

Default Paragraph Formatting

Hello Guys and Gals,

I have a question about Word if I may,

Lets say I am typing a block of text and I want to tab in twice for the
first line, and all subsequent lines of text to also start two tabs in in
line with the first line of text. How do I achieve this? When I move to the
second line, the line starts at the edge of the page and I have to keep
tabbing the lines of text in so they all line up.

I must also make you aware that only some of the text in the document is
like this, other blocks of text may only be tabbed in once.

I am using Word 2003

Thanks guys!

Carol

Hello Simon,

Try using a hanging indent. Format | Paragraph | Hanging Indent. You can
also drag the ruler to where you want your paragraph to line up. I hope this
has been helpful to you.

"Simon" wrote:

Hello Guys and Gals,

I have a question about Word if I may,

Lets say I am typing a block of text and I want to tab in twice for the
first line, and all subsequent lines of text to also start two tabs in in
line with the first line of text. How do I achieve this? When I move to the
second line, the line starts at the edge of the page and I have to keep
tabbing the lines of text in so they all line up.

I must also make you aware that only some of the text in the document is
like this, other blocks of text may only be tabbed in once.

I am using Word 2003

Thanks guys!

You need a paragraph indent. The easiest way to get this is to drag the Left
Indent marker on the ruler (see
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/formatting/UsingRulers.htm), but you can also do
this (including setting indents that are not at presets) through the Format
Paragraph dialog. Also, if you want your indents to be at the default 0.5"
tab intervals, you can use Ctrl+M to indent by one tab stop (repeat as
needed).

Ctrl+T will add a hanging indent (one tab stop at a time), but this doesn't
sound like what you want.

"Simon" wrote in message
Hello Guys and Gals,

I have a question about Word if I may,

Lets say I am typing a block of text and I want to tab in twice for the
first line, and all subsequent lines of text to also start two tabs in in
line with the first line of text. How do I achieve this? When I move to

the
second line, the line starts at the edge of the page and I have to keep
tabbing the lines of text in so they all line up.

I must also make you aware that only some of the text in the document is
like this, other blocks of text may only be tabbed in once.

I am using Word 2003

Thanks guys!

CyberTaz

Hi Simon-

What you describe can be accomplished using FormatParagraph--Indents &
Spacing and specifying the appropriate type of Indent, not Tabs.
(Specifically as per your post a Left Indent @ 1 in. or whatever amount you
wish... it doesn't need to be set in 1/5 in. increments.)

The use of Styles that include specifications for Indents is an even better
& more efficient technique.

HTH |:)