Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Daniel Daniel is offline

Default Word template removal

I created a document using a template. Now I need to make changes to the
document and the template won't let me. Is there a way to remove the template
and keep the information, in a form I can modify?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

On Wed, 14 Mar 2007 22:00:00 -0700, Daniel
wrote:

I created a document using a template. Now I need to make changes to the
document and the template won't let me. Is there a way to remove the template
and keep the information, in a form I can modify?

What do you mean by "the template won't let me"? What kinds of changes
are you making, and what happens when you try? What leads you to think
that the reason is the template?

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Daniel Daniel is offline

wrote:

I created a document using a template. Now I need to make changes to the
document and the template won't let me. Is there a way to remove the template
and keep the information, in a form I can modify?

What do you mean by "the template won't let me"? What kinds of changes
are you making, and what happens when you try? What leads you to think
that the reason is the template?

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
newsgroup so all may benefit.

When I cut and paste a section from the document I created with the
template, I can not add information to that section or move information
inside the document.
The original document had lines separating the sections. Now I don't need
the lines, but they came with the information I cut and pasted even though I
did not highlight them. It seems like the template characteristics came along
for the ride.
Let me guess, no way to clean up this mess. I guess I have to rewrite it all.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

wrote:

[...]

Are the "lines" really section breaks? And was the document protected
for forms, or did it have some other type of protection applied?

Have a look at these pages to see what I'm asking about:
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Format...thSections.htm
http://www.computorcompanion.com/LPMArticle.asp?ID=22

If there was some type of protection, you can turn it off by clicking
Tools Unprotect Document. If the section breaks are bringing along
formatting you don't want, delete the breaks (most easily by switching
to Normal view, where you can see them and select them).

If all else fails, select the whole document and copy it to the
clipboard. Then open a new blank document, select Edit Paste
Special, and select "Unformatted text" and OK. Then start
reformatting, editing, and whatever.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

[...]