Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
slimjim009 slimjim009 is offline

Default Anchors

Hi, could anyone tell me what an anchor is used for and how you get rid of
it. An anchor keeps appearing in word footers and it's messing up the
numbering and logos that I want to insert

thanks
--
slimjim009
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

In Word, an anchor shows to which paragraph a wrapped object is tied. The
anchor is a nonprinting mark which can be displayed in Word Options (or by
clicking the ¶ button), but you cannot actually see the anchor unless you
have also selected a wrapped object. See
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/drwgrphcs/anchors.htm.

What, exactly, is the problem you are seeing with footers and numbering?
What kind of numbering is it, by the way (paragraph numbering, page
numbering)?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"slimjim009" wrote in message
Hi, could anyone tell me what an anchor is used for and how you get rid of
it. An anchor keeps appearing in word footers and it's messing up the
numbering and logos that I want to insert

thanks
--
slimjim009

frame anchors bmorganh Microsoft Word Help 1 July 10th 08 01:23 PM
Anchors again Maxim Page Layout 3 January 18th 07 05:17 PM
Anchors Question Jay Gourley Page Layout 7 December 28th 06 01:48 AM
Graphics, anchors, and frames jenelle Microsoft Word Help 8 March 28th 05 09:42 PM