Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jenna B

Default Hidden fields populate main doc, but are not entirely visible

I have a Word document with a hidden table viewable to the user for entering
data that will the populate the rest of the document. The table is only for
ease of use - since there is quite a bit of text in the document, the user
only has to enter the data in the hidden table to update the document, rather
than scrolling through the whole document.

The hidden table works to populate the fields, but if there is more than one
word in the original hidden field, when it populates the visible field, only
the first word is visible in Print Preview. For example, if I have a company
name, like "Business Solutions Quick", only the word "Business" is visible in
Print Preview. On screen, the text is shown as hidden (with a dotted line
beneath it) for any text after the first word. I have tried manually changing
the fields that are populated by the hidden fields, hiding and unhiding them,
but this has no effect.

I am using form fields, and will have the document protected for form
editing when other users are entering information.

I would greatly appreciate any suggestions. Thank you in advance.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I suspect that a UserForm would work much better for your purposes. See
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Userforms/CreateAUserForm.htm

Alternatively, use (non-hidden) form fields for the first appearance of the
repeated data and REF fields for the rest.