Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
trailboss trailboss is offline

Default Word 2007 Printing

Many times when I print a document, the last line of the last page prints
only the upper half of the line. It does not matter how much printing there
is on the page. I am using standard template margins, etc. Anyone know the
cause and solution?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dian D. Chapman, MVP Dian D. Chapman, MVP is offline

Well, someone else had this problem at the top of their document and
it just turned out to be that they had line spacing set to EXACT,
which was causing the font to be cut off.

However, in your case, I can only GUESS that the problem might be that
you are maybe printing too close to the bottom margin and the paper
rollers maybe need cleaning on your printer...which is causing them to
skid a bit and thereby not catch the paper right...so you're literally
running out of margin at the bottom?

To see the limits of your printable area, you can open a blank page,
set all margins to zero and click OK. Word will complain and offer to
fix the settings. Say yes and the resulting setting will be your
printer's minimum margin settings. If they are say 1 in at the bottom
and you are printing that close to the bottom...it may be time to
break out the rubbing alchohol and Qtip and clean your rollers.

Sorry I don't have a more definitive answer, but if you're printing
very low on the page and using a cheap printer...I've seen this
problem before.

Good luck...

Dian D. Chapman
Technical Consultant, Microsoft MVP
MOS Certified Instructor, Editor/TechTrax Ezine
Tech Editor for Word & Office 2007 Bibles
https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile/Dian.Chapman

Free PC Tutorials: http://www.mousetrax.com/techtrax
Free Word Tricks eBook: http://www.mousetrax.com/books.html
Optimize your business docs: http://www.mousetrax.com/consulting
Learn VBA the easy way: http://www.mousetrax.com/techcourses.html

On Tue, 22 Jan 2008 17:48:15 -0800, trailboss
wrote:

Many times when I print a document, the last line of the last page prints
only the upper half of the line. It does not matter how much printing there
is on the page. I am using standard template margins, etc. Anyone know the
cause and solution?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
trailboss trailboss is offline

In fact, this can happen in the middle of the page and it is not consistent.
It seems to happen more often when I use "Quick Print" than if I use
"Preview" or "Print". This occurs with no other program which leads me to
believe it is not the printer.

wrote:

Many times when I print a document, the last line of the last page prints
only the upper half of the line. It does not matter how much printing there
is on the page. I am using standard template margins, etc. Anyone know the
cause and solution?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dian D. Chapman, MVP Dian D. Chapman, MVP is offline

Okay, so if it happens in the middle of the page, too...have you
verified that none of the problem areas have paragraph spacing set to
EXACT? If you set it to exact and don't set it correctly, it can be
too small for the font size, hence you get chopped.

Next time you have that problem...click within the problem para and
either click Format Paragraph and check for EXACT line spacing. If
so...uncheck it. Or you can hit Shift + F1 and inspect that para for
any other unusual setting.

Dian D. Chapman
Technical Consultant, Microsoft MVP
MOS Certified Instructor, Editor/TechTrax Ezine
Tech Editor for Word & Office 2007 Bibles
https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile/Dian.Chapman

Free PC Tutorials: http://www.mousetrax.com/techtrax
Free Word Tricks eBook: http://www.mousetrax.com/books.html
Optimize your business docs: http://www.mousetrax.com/consulting
Learn VBA the easy way: http://www.mousetrax.com/techcourses.html

wrote:

Many times when I print a document, the last line of the last page prints
only the upper half of the line. It does not matter how much printing there
is on the page. I am using standard template margins, etc. Anyone know the
cause and solution?

printing in word 2007 Keith Microsoft Word Help 0 December 10th 07 10:09 AM
Printing in Word 2007 Bob Microsoft Word Help 2 May 30th 07 12:53 PM
Word 2007 printing envelope Peter Mailmerge 3 September 25th 06 12:25 PM
printing in word 2007 bro New Users 2 June 10th 06 10:20 AM
Word 2007 Printing Too Big roystreet Microsoft Word Help 12 June 4th 06 04:14 AM