Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
melissa_1959 melissa_1959 is offline

Default Three Astrisk Formatting -- how to undo

I recently learned that typing three astrisks, three pound signs or three
other symbols creates an automatic formatting in Word. Unfortunately, I
learned this too late.

I typed three astrisks in a row and Word converted it to a heavy dotted
line. How do I undo what I've done?

I've tried backspacing, highlighting and deleting and using the search and
replace option. None of these "solutions" I've read about on the Internet
works.

I also tried copying and pasting ONLY the text portion to a anew file, but
that dotted line still finds a way to insert itself in the new file.

Help! I'm really desperate to get rid of this.