Sam

Default Copying an Excel data table into Word

Hello,

I need to copy an Excel data table [containing numbers] into Word 2000.
When I select parts of Excel 2000 document and paste that into Word, the
actual cells are visible around each data value.

Is there a way to only post Excel numbers (together with the relevant tabs),
into a Word table template?

Thank you!

Doug Robbins

Place the cursor inside one of the cells and with the Ctrl and the Alt keys
held down, press u. That should remove the borders.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP
"Sam" wrote in message
Hello,

I need to copy an Excel data table [containing numbers] into Word 2000.
When I select parts of Excel 2000 document and paste that into Word, the
actual cells are visible around each data value.

Is there a way to only post Excel numbers (together with the relevant
tabs),
into a Word table template?

Thank you!

Sam

Place the cursor inside one of the cells and with the Ctrl and the Alt keys
held down, press u. That should remove the borders.

Thank you for your reply.

I copy a range of Excel cells into Word. I place a cursor inside one of the
cells that I can now see in Word and press u while pressing Ctrl and Alt keys
down. Unfortunately, nothing happens.

Also, if the method above were to work, would it also remove the Word Table
[that I would like to keep] into which I will be pasting Excel data? Is
there a way around this [so that I paste Excel data without the cells around
each value, into the Word table]? Or, is the shortest way to copy the Excel
data into word, remove the cells around the numbers, and then copy this clean
data and paste into the Word table that is in another window?

Thank you for your help
Anne Troy

Sam: What method are you using to paste the table, and what version of Word
(though I'm not sure it matters; we'll ask anyway)?
http://www.officearticles.com/word/e...osoft_word.htm
*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com

"Sam" wrote in message
[...]

Sam

Sam: What method are you using to paste the table, and what version of Word
(though I'm not sure it matters; we'll ask anyway)?
http://www.officearticles.com/word/e...osoft_word.htm

I am using method 1, Ctrl+C. I am using Word 2000 [9.0.2720].

It seems that this link doesn't address how to remove Excel formatting once
the data is copied into Word.

Please Help

Anne Troy

Well, that's just it, Sam. It's NOT Excel anymore if you're using Method 1.
So, what I suspect is that the shortcut Doug gave you doesn't work for some
other reason. Just click inside the table, hit (from the menu)
Table--Select--Table. Then hit (from the menu) Format--Borders and
Shading. Go to the Borders tab, and click NONE.
*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com

"Sam" wrote in message
Sam: What method are you using to paste the table, and what version of

Word
(though I'm not sure it matters; we'll ask anyway)?
http://www.officearticles.com/word/e...osoft_word.htm

I am using method 1, Ctrl+C. I am using Word 2000 [9.0.2720].

It seems that this link doesn't address how to remove Excel formatting

once
the data is copied into Word.

Please Help

Doug Robbins

Maybe then the cells in Excel do not have any borders and it's just the
table gridlines that are showing. You can stop them from displaying by
selecting Hide gridlines from the Table menu in Word. They do not however
print and only display on the screen.

--

"Sam" wrote in message
Sam: What method are you using to paste the table, and what version of
Word
(though I'm not sure it matters; we'll ask anyway)?
http://www.officearticles.com/word/e...osoft_word.htm

I am using method 1, Ctrl+C. I am using Word 2000 [9.0.2720].

It seems that this link doesn't address how to remove Excel formatting
once
the data is copied into Word.

Please Help

Sam

Well, that's just it, Sam. It's NOT Excel anymore if you're using Method 1.
So, what I suspect is that the shortcut Doug gave you doesn't work for some
other reason. Just click inside the table, hit (from the menu)
Table--Select--Table. Then hit (from the menu) Format--Borders and
Shading. Go to the Borders tab, and click NONE.

I tried this many times, but it doesn't seem to work. :\

I can still see the cells. Perhaps the cells would not be visible if I were
to print the document? I don't have a printer at home, so I can't test this
today, however, it seems unlikely...