Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Default Problem with first line on page

Hi

I have developed a problem in one important Word document I have been
working on for ages without an issue.

I have my paragraphs set to have a 0.5" indent on the first line and
justified. This is fine. But on paragraphs which overflow onto a new
page the first line is indented by a small space. Revealing the
formatting shows what looks like a greyed out small paragraph symbol.

Can anyone please help me understand what this is and how I get rid of
it so that the first line on each page is flush with the left margin.

Many thanks

Peter