Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
gianni gianni is offline

Default Inserting pre-defined text at pre-defined location upon tick!

Hi!
I am trying to create a word template where the user can build a customised
document by selecting pre-defined content from a menu or ticking boxes. Each
selected content item would then automatically be inserted at a pre-defined
location in the main document.

I have no idea how to do this. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Many thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

See the Boiler.zip item on fellow MVP Graham Mayor's website at:

http://www.gmayor.com/downloads.htm

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"gianni" wrote in message
Hi!
I am trying to create a word template where the user can build a
customised
document by selecting pre-defined content from a menu or ticking boxes.
Each
selected content item would then automatically be inserted at a
pre-defined
location in the main document.

I have no idea how to do this. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Many thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

See http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Repeating_Data.htm for some approaches. You'll
probably want to use a UserForm and insert the text at bookmarks; see also
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Userforms/CreateAUserForm.htm

"gianni" wrote in message
Hi!
I am trying to create a word template where the user can build a

customised
document by selecting pre-defined content from a menu or ticking boxes.

Each
selected content item would then automatically be inserted at a

pre-defined
location in the main document.

I have no idea how to do this. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Many thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
gianni gianni is offline

Many thanks Suzanne for your advice. I'll look at the UserForm approach.

"gianni" wrote in message
Hi!
I am trying to create a word template where the user can build a

customised
document by selecting pre-defined content from a menu or ticking boxes.

Each
selected content item would then automatically be inserted at a

pre-defined
location in the main document.

I have no idea how to do this. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Many thanks!

Error! Bookmark not defined. 18 bnw401 Microsoft Word Help 1 April 13th 07 01:47 PM
error! style not defined greco Microsoft Word Help 3 January 11th 07 07:22 AM
inserting xref to custom defined headings edwardP in big D Microsoft Word Help 2 July 18th 05 03:57 PM
user-defined sort transcribe New Users 1 January 29th 05 02:22 AM
User Defined Styles Sherry Formatting Long Documents 1 December 3rd 04 04:57 PM