Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cheryl Cheryl is offline

Default Searching for a font

I am cleaning up a document that was typed in two fonts, Arial and Times New
Roman. I think I have changed all the Arial sections to Times New Roman, but
is it possible to do a wildcard search specifying a font so that I can make
sure that I've caught all the Arial bits?

I'm using Microsoft Office Word 2003 with SP2.

Thank you,
Cheryl

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Seems to me it would be easier to press Ctrl+A to select all of
the text in the document and then apply TNR font to the selection.

But to answer your question, it is possible to search for any
character in the TNR font. Click on Edit | Find | More, click in
the "Find what:" box, click on Special | Any Character, click on
Format | Font | Font tab | Font: Times New Roman | OK | Find Next.

Cheryl wrote:

I am cleaning up a document that was typed in two fonts, Arial and Times New
Roman. I think I have changed all the Arial sections to Times New Roman, but
is it possible to do a wildcard search specifying a font so that I can make
sure that I've caught all the Arial bits?

I'm using Microsoft Office Word 2003 with SP2.

Thank you,
Cheryl

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cheryl Cheryl is offline

Thank you both.

I was leery of trying the select all and then changing the font because
there are a lot of things in the document, figures, tables, lists, etc.,
that I was afraid would be messed up with a blanket change.

This worked fine and didn't take that long.

Cheryl