kaisellgren kaisellgren is offline
Junior Member

Default Table of Contents is not working?

Hi,

I've been writing a document. It worked great for a while, but once my PC crashed once (BSOD), I did not lose any text, so I thought I'm safe. However, now I'm suffering from weird TOC. The TOC simply displays items that are not supposed to be in the DOC.

For example, if I write anything as in Normal -style to my first blank page, everything entered there will appear in the TOC. More over, random parts of the text in my book appear in the TOC... If I happen to underline Normal -styled text somewhere, it is probably in the TOC, too.

What has happened? Trying to recreate the TOC does not help. The TOC system is messed up! I need help!

If I highlight the TOC'ed sentece, then I go to References - Add Text - Do not show in the TOC, then the text will disappear from the TOC, but it comes back after I reload the document

I am using Word 2007.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
DeanH DeanH is offline

For the text that is appearing in the TOC, check the style has not been
changed and now has an outline level applied which it did not have before.
If that is not the case, check the TOC itself and that the style has not
been added to the TOC's List of styles to be included, under Table of Content
Options.
Hope this helps
DeanH

--