Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
PastorScott PastorScott is offline

Default word freezes on print

When I have 2 or more word documents open and try to print it will lock up or
restart word. what can I do?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
ChrisM ChrisM is offline

To rule out printer driver problems, I'd try printing to a different
printer, or re-installing the drivers for your existing printer(if you have
only one).
Is it only printing from word that gives you problems. I take it you can
print successfully from other applications?

Another thing you could check is that you have sufficient memory. Is this a
problem that has recently started, or has it always been the case? If
recent, have you changed anything on your computer that may have caused the
problem(installed new/changed/removed software, changed/added/removed some
hardware).

As a last resort, you could try re-installing Word, but I'd try as many
other things first as I could think of first, before resorting to that.

Cheers,

Chris.

"PastorScott" wrote in message
news
When I have 2 or more word documents open and try to print it will lock up
or
restart word. what can I do?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
PastorScott PastorScott is offline

I have already tried all of that including re installing word. I have over a
gig of memory. It prints find from other apps and sometimes with word. thanks
but is there anymore ideas?

"PastorScott" wrote:

When I have 2 or more word documents open and try to print it will lock up or
restart word. what can I do?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
ChrisM ChrisM is offline

Hmm,
I already listed most of what I could think of.
Is it any Word document that cause the problem, or only certain ones? Maybe
it could be corrupt files?

"PastorScott" wrote:

When I have 2 or more word documents open and try to print it will lock
up or
restart word. what can I do?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
PastorScott PastorScott is offline

It is different ones. Maybe a corrupt template I created? I will start to
keep up with what does it.

"PastorScott" wrote:

When I have 2 or more word documents open and try to print it will lock
up or
restart word. what can I do?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Rogeve Rogeve is offline

Word has problems when certain HP Officejet printers are marked as default.
A workaround is to give any other printer as default and select the HP at the
time you print. There is some talk of a Microsoft patch to this behaviour but
I don't have any details.
Can anyone fill in?

"PastorScott" wrote:

When I have 2 or more word documents open and try to print it will lock
up or
restart word. what can I do?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

No patch. HP have consistently refused to sort out their drives for older
printers.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP