Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Matt T Matt T is offline

Default How do I prevent Word from deleting text as I make corrections?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Press the Insert key once.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Sesquipedalian Sam Sesquipedalian Sam is offline

On Mon, 9 Mar 2009 14:59:22 -0400, "Jay Freedman"
wrote:

Press the Insert key once.

....and if that works, go to the Advanced options and uncheck the "Use
the insert key to control overtype mode".

Does anyone have this turned on intentionally?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

I do. I expect the Insert key to work this way, and although I do
accidentally toggle it from time to time when I'm shooting for Backspace or
Delete, I wouldn't want not to have that functionality.

http://word.mvps.org

wrote:

Press the Insert key once.

...and if that works, go to the Advanced options and uncheck the "Use
the insert key to control overtype mode".

Does anyone have this turned on intentionally?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Is there an echo in here? :-)

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

On Wed, 11 Mar 2009 23:23:01 -0700, lee wrote:

Just press the insert key