Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
barta barta is offline

Default Do not want to see font name in actual font!

Hi,
I do not like to see the font name in the font name box in the actual font.
How do I turn that off in Word 2007?

Regards,

Atiq
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Bob Buckland ?:-\) Bob  Buckland  ?:-\) is offline

Hi Atiq,

The 'plain text' version is available through
Home=Font group and click on the Font Dialog Launcher (lower right
corner of the group).
The Ribbon shows the Font in preview.

===============

--
Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
barta barta is offline

Hi Bob,
Probably I could not explain my problem clearly. What I wanted is to see the
font names in the font selection drop down box in English, not in any other
language. You see my problem is I see the font names in Bengali language for
the fonts specific to that language. I have enabled multiple language input.
In Office 2003 and previous versions it was very easy to change that. In Word
2007, I can't find the option to disable showing font names in actual font.
your suggested method do not help to disable that.

Regards,

Atiq

"barta" wrote in message
Hi,
I do not like to see the font name in the font name box in the actual font.
How do I turn that off in Word 2007?

Regards,

Atiq
--
Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

The option does not exist in Word 2007, unfortunately.

The alternative is to press Ctrl+D and use the Font dialog, instead, which
does not display fonts in their font in the font list (only in the Preview
box).

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible