Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
book_worm71[_2_] book_worm71[_2_] is offline

Default Another "IF" field question

Stefan was kind enough to find a workaround for my previous "IF" issue, but
this one seems trickier.

I'm using IncludeText to insert chapters into my main document. One of the
chapters has it's own TOC, for the level 2 elements that it contains:

{TOC \o "2-2"}

When I simply use IncludeText to insert the file, the TOC appears and
updates perfectly. However, if I use an IF field around the IncludeText, I
get a bunch of blank headings that show up in the TOC right before the real
headings.

For example, there will be 10 lines that say 1.1........page# (with no
heading listed), and then the real 10 headings listed 1.1 - 1.10.

My code is as follows:

{if value="content" {includetext "document.doc"}

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
book_worm71[_2_] book_worm71[_2_] is offline

Forgot the final bracket, my code is :{if value="content" {includetext
"document.doc"}}

Thanks in advance for any help.