Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Peter Rooney Peter  Rooney is offline

Default Recording a macro in Word 2003

I've recorded a macro, and knowing that you can't use the mouse, I did all
the actions with keyboard commands like Alt- and Ctrl- . Fine, but when I
got to a certain dialogue I was stumped, temporarily. It was the Format
dialogue. When you are finished making your choices, you are supposed to
click OK. But how do you do that, without a mouse? Is there a keyboard
shortcut? What I actually did was to press Tab 13 times until I landed on
the OK button, and then pressed Enter. But is there a better way?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Lene Fredborg Lene Fredborg is offline

It is correct that you cannot use the mouse to select or manipulate the text
while you record a macro. However, you can use the mouse to select from
menus, click in toolbars and make selections in dialog boxes. So you can also
click an OK button. If the OK button is the default button (the border of the
default button differs from other buttons), pressing the Return key will
correspond to clicking the OK button.

--
Regards
Lene Fredborg - Microsoft MVP (Word)

"Peter Rooney" wrote:

I've recorded a macro, and knowing that you can't use the mouse, I did all
the actions with keyboard commands like Alt- and Ctrl- . Fine, but when I
got to a certain dialogue I was stumped, temporarily. It was the Format
dialogue. When you are finished making your choices, you are supposed to
click OK. But how do you do that, without a mouse? Is there a keyboard
shortcut? What I actually did was to press Tab 13 times until I landed on
the OK button, and then pressed Enter. But is there a better way?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

You can use TAB to move the selection around the dialog: these are not
recorded by the macro, but the action of pressing Enter when the OK button
is active will be recorded.

You can use the mouse to select the OK button too, but you must use the
enter key to execute the OK button.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"Peter Rooney" wrote in message
m...
I've recorded a macro, and knowing that you can't use the mouse, I did all
the actions with keyboard commands like Alt- and Ctrl- . Fine, but when I
got to a certain dialogue I was stumped, temporarily. It was the Format
dialogue. When you are finished making your choices, you are supposed to
click OK. But how do you do that, without a mouse? Is there a keyboard
shortcut? What I actually did was to press Tab 13 times until I landed on
the OK button, and then pressed Enter. But is there a better way?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Lene Fredborg Lene Fredborg is offline

I get the same macro result regardless of whether I click the OK button using
the mouse or execute OK using the Enter (Return) key.

--

"Terry Farrell" wrote:

[...]

Recording a Macro dorita Microsoft Word Help 1 October 17th 06 06:59 AM
Macro not recording mailmerge LDanix Mailmerge 3 August 24th 06 07:47 AM
Macro Recording Problem PA New Users 1 December 7th 05 02:26 AM
Word XP - Recording a Macro Cokes Microsoft Word Help 1 August 8th 05 03:27 PM
Possible bug when recording a Word Macro Raven95 Microsoft Word Help 4 April 30th 05 09:49 PM