Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
LMM LMM is offline

Default Setting Margins

I tried to do a default set on me margins and it did not work, now I have to
set my margins everytime I start word 2003, that just the left and right
margins. I can't even figure out how to set the top and bottom margins. Can
someone help me? I'm really new at this. Your help would be most welcome.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

See http://word.mvps.org/faqs/customizat...alTemplate.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"LMM" wrote in message
I tried to do a default set on me margins and it did not work, now I have
set my margins everytime I start word 2003, that just the left and right
margins. I can't even figure out how to set the top and bottom margins.
Can
someone help me? I'm really new at this. Your help would be most welcome.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
DeanH DeanH is offline

First step would be to set the margins in the Normal.dot file.
Check under Tools, Options, File Locations, User Templates for the directory
where Normal.dot is located. These files are hidden files so ensure you have
"Show hidden files and folders" checked in your Folder Options, Tools on the
Windows Explorer window.
Ensure you click open on Normal.dot and not double click, as this will open
a document based on the Normal.dot template.
Hopefully if you set them i this template, they will remain the next time
you open Word.
Best of luck
DeanH

"LMM" wrote:

I tried to do a default set on me margins and it did not work, now I have to
set my margins everytime I start word 2003, that just the left and right
margins. I can't even figure out how to set the top and bottom margins. Can
someone help me? I'm really new at this. Your help would be most welcome.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

It is not necessary to open Normal.dot to change the default margins. You
can just set the desired margins in File | Page Setup and then click
Default...

http://word.mvps.org

"LMM" wrote:

I tried to do a default set on me margins and it did not work, now I have
set my margins everytime I start word 2003, that just the left and right
margins. I can't even figure out how to set the top and bottom margins.
Can
someone help me? I'm really new at this. Your help would be most
welcome.

Setting Margins Tina Microsoft Word Help 5 April 3rd 08 11:37 PM
Setting Margins jagdao Page Layout 2 April 2nd 08 02:33 PM
TOC margins--setting Summer Microsoft Word Help 2 November 10th 05 11:41 PM
Setting Margins Mark Anthony Page Layout 1 August 2nd 05 05:10 PM
Setting up margins please Steved Microsoft Word Help 2 June 20th 05 09:01 AM