Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Rafferty Rafferty is offline

Default Windows Media Player Problem

I posted earlier about a global XP problem of screen freezes and got a lot
of help from the group. I was preparing to trouble shoot the problem today,
as some have suggested, when I noticed on Device Manager an error message
that a "Human Interface Device Non-use Input Data Filter is not working
properly." Having not a clue what was, I disabled it and rebooted the
computer and, so far, all is working properly. I tested all my various
peripherals (keyboard, Palm, joystick, iPod etc.) and all are working
properly even c. the arcane filter disabled. What's not working is my
screen saver, which does not come on now. Instead Windows Media Player
comes up and begins broadcasting at random from various net and radio
sources. It does not show up on the task bar but, when I call up Media
Player, it does show what source is playing. So far it appears the older,
and much more serious problem, is fixed (knock wood) but a new and more
minor one has appeared. Thanks in advance for all your help. BillR

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Gordon[_4_] Gordon[_4_] is offline

" Rafferty" wrote in message
[...]

Err how is this a WORD question?