Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
sean sean is offline

Default Change Case Is Not Working

Hello Everyone,

I have a user who is working with Microsoft Word 2007 and she isn't able to
change the case with the change case button (Aa) on the home tab. It works
fine on my machine, but hers doesn't respond to the button at all. I'm using
the same version! Any idea why and on what I need to do to get her Microsoft
Word to work properly. It's really frustrating to have users call with
problems that seem obvious to fix (how to change case) but when done properly
doesn't do what it is supposed to do.

Thank you in advance for you help with this.

Have a great day,

Sean

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DeanH DeanH is offline

Not sure why the icon is not working, have you tried the old keyboard
shortcut of Shft+F3? If this works at least you will know that it is possibly
only the icon that is bust.
Hope this helps
DeanH

"Sean" wrote:

Hello Everyone,

I have a user who is working with Microsoft Word 2007 and she isn't able to
change the case with the change case button (Aa) on the home tab. It works
fine on my machine, but hers doesn't respond to the button at all. I'm using
the same version! Any idea why and on what I need to do to get her Microsoft
Word to work properly. It's really frustrating to have users call with
problems that seem obvious to fix (how to change case) but when done properly
doesn't do what it is supposed to do.

Thank you in advance for you help with this.

Have a great day,

Sean

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
sean sean is offline

Hello Dean,

Thank you so much for the reply. I really appreciate your feedback,
suggestions and words of wisdom. I did read up on the shft+F3 in my
research, but I didn't have my user try that. I just assumed, which is really
bad on my part for not testing it, that if the icon doesn't work the shft+f3
wouldn't work. It makes sense to at least try it though.

On a side note, this is the first time I've used microsoft communities. I
rarely use microsoft for troubleshooting because the website is such a maze;
I get lost trying to find information. So this is all an experiment. I'm
kind of surprised (maybe I shouldn't be) that the links in the email
notification didn't work. Even when I marked the email as safe. It simply
opened up a blank web page. Not very helpful at all, and quite frustrating. I
tested this in both firefox and internet explorer with no luck. I had to go
back and do a search for my original question. Then when I did find my
question and went to rate Dean's response it gave me a page not found result.
Talk about bad form on Microsoft's part. Are they supposed to be a technology
company or what? They need to learn how to work with technology a little
better. So far the results of my experiment are mixed.

Thank you again Dean.

Have an awesome day!

"Sean" wrote:

Hello Everyone,

I have a user who is working with Microsoft Word 2007 and she isn't able to
change the case with the change case button (Aa) on the home tab. It works
fine on my machine, but hers doesn't respond to the button at all. I'm using
the same version! Any idea why and on what I need to do to get her Microsoft
Word to work properly. It's really frustrating to have users call with
problems that seem obvious to fix (how to change case) but when done properly
doesn't do what it is supposed to do.

Thank you in advance for you help with this.

Have a great day,

Sean

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DeanH DeanH is offline

Sean, hope you get this reply ;-)
Hope the solution helps your user. Still not sure why the icon has stopped,
come back if the problem still occuring. Is it in a particular document or
many? 2007 on Vista?
I came across this newsgroup many years ago and have never looked back.
The interface can be flacky, yes. Many contributors here use Outlook Express
for their frontend, unfortuantely I have a corporate block on Newsgroups
through Express so I merrily chug-along.
For more on newsgroups for these sites see http://www.gmayor.com/MSNews.htm,
I only wish I could :-(
All the best.
DeanH