monkeybradders monkeybradders is offline
Junior Member

Default Printing End Notes

Hi,

I'm in IT and my whole department and I are stumped by this. A user has 17 pages of end notes in a 45 (+17 pages of endnotes) page document. He wants to print the last page of end notes but we're only able to get it to print off all 17 pages of end notes or the entire document and end notes. We are unable to select page 62 (45+17) to print on it it's own. Also unable to add a page break into the end notes to seperate this last page from the document. He is going to need to do this on lots of documents so I'm after a fairly easy fix. As a workaround i'm printing the document as pdf and extracting the last page !

Hope this makes sense and someone can help

thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Does it work if you go to the page you want to print, and in your
Print dialog, you choose "Current Page" instead of entering a page
number?

--
monkeybradders

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

If the document contains section breaks, note that you must specify page
*and* section numbers when printing part of a document. See
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/formatting...leSections.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"monkeybradders" wrote in message

Hi,

I'm in IT and my whole department and I are stumped by this. A user has
17 pages of end notes in a 45 (+17 pages of endnotes) page document. He
wants to print the last page of end notes but we're only able to get it
to print off all 17 pages of end notes or the entire document and end
notes. We are unable to select page 62 (45+17) to print on it it's own.
Also unable to add a page break into the end notes to seperate this last
page from the document. He is going to need to do this on lots of
documents so I'm after a fairly easy fix. As a workaround i'm printing
the document as pdf and extracting the last page !

Hope this makes sense and someone can help

thanks

--
monkeybradders

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

But that doesn't exactly apply to endnotes, does it? They're so "virtual"
that they're quite difficult to deal with.

http://word.mvps.org

"Stefan Blom" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

In a quick test, I see no reason why one shouldn't be able to print just the
very last page in a document with endnotes? That's what made me think of
printing page ranges. But maybe I'm missing something here...

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I agree it should be possible; the fact that the OP has not been successful
suggests that it is not as straightforward as one might expect. I haven't
actually tried it since I don't have a document with endnotes handy for
experimentation (I never use endnotes).

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

FWIW, I avoid endnotes too.

--
[...]

end notes buffalo bill Microsoft Word Help 2 December 16th 08 12:17 AM
inserting document w/end notes to another with end notes Carolyn Microsoft Word Help 3 December 8th 06 01:01 AM
Not printing instructor notes Ronald Roberts Microsoft Word Help 2 March 9th 06 05:54 PM
end notes chuck New Users 1 February 9th 06 06:09 PM
adding new notes to doc with old notes just written as text JB Microsoft Word Help 2 October 21st 05 06:01 PM