Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Mary Ann Mary Ann is offline

Default Email merge €“ attach file

Is it possible to attach a file when doing an email merge?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

See the article "Mail Merge to E-mail with Attachments" at

http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MailMerge/...ttachments.htm

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Mary Ann" wrote in message
Is it possible to attach a file when doing an email merge?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Mary Ann Mary Ann is offline

Thanks Doug - I don't work with VB so I guess for me the answer is that I
would have to insert them to each individual email.

"Mary Ann" wrote in message
Is it possible to attach a file when doing an email merge?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

I am not sure what you mean by VB.

However, I can assure you that if you follow the instructions precisely (to
the letter), it will work.

--

"Mary Ann" wrote in message
Is it possible to attach a file when doing an email merge?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Sorry, yes it is. I guess I was half awake when I read "I don't work with
VB" as "It doesn't work with VB"

However, all of the VB work has been done for you. To make use of it, see
the article "What do I do with macros sent to me by other newsgroup readers
to help me out?" at:

http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Macros...eateAMacro.htm

--

"Mary Ann" wrote in message
Is it possible to attach a file when doing an email merge?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Mannie G Mannie G is offline

Doug,

Thanks for the code for the email attachment problem, however if I use the
directory with Forename field mailmerge does not apply the correct
forename to the email address or sometimes outlook will substitute the email
address of someone with the same name from 'Contacts'. How can I
auomatically enter the forenames of the people I am sending the mailmerge
emails to?

Help would be appreciated
--
Thanks

Mannie G

"Mary Ann" wrote in message
Is it possible to attach a file when doing an email merge?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

I am not sure what you mean by "mailmerge does not apply the correct
forename to the email address"

What is the content of the Forename field?