Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
RedRuaridh

Default Email merge in Word

When I use my Outlook Contacts as the data source for an email merge in Word
it all works well until the final stage (to process to email). I get the
dialog box that asks me to enter the correct field in the "To" drop down
menu, unfortunately the drop down menu does not contain the "Email" field,
only other fields like Company, State, etc.

I do not understand this as when I look at my Contacts in Outlook the email
field and email addresses are all there, it is only missing when I merge from
word.

If I export the same Contacts file from Outlook to a .csv file, and then use
the .csv file as the data source the "Email" field appears in the "To" drop
down menu and everything is fine.

Why will it not work directly using the Outlook Contacts file? I use Office
2003

Any comments gratefully received