Bert

Default How do I convert a scaned document

I scaned a document into the computer and open it in word. I can not read
it, it looks like small boxes.
How do I get it as a readable document?
Herb Tyson [MVP]

Unless the scanning process performed OCR (optical character recognition) as
it scanned, you likely will need to use OCR software. If you have Office XP
or Office 2003, it's possible that Microsoft Office Document Imaging can do
the job (depending on the quality of the scan). In the Microsoft Office
Tools folder, look for the Document Imaging application, open it, and press
F1 to get started.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
http://www.herbtyson.com